Stompers Boots prides itself on being... The best damn boot shop in the world!SM We do that by not only selling the highest quality boots, but by providing our customers with information to make the best decisions when investing in a new pair of boots.
Acurately determining your foot size and width is essential to enjoying the time spent in your boots.
You'll need the following to get accurate results:
- A chair
- A sheet of paper on which to trace an outline of your foot
- A pen or pencil
- A measuring tape or ruler
- Socks of the type you intend to wear with the boots
If you have not already, you should review what type of socks are best for you. You also should also remember that:
- Feet swell a bit and get larger as the day passes. So you should measure later in the the day.
- As people pass through their middle forties into their fifties, their feet get larger. You can expect to gain a half to a full size or more during this period.
- Left and right feet often differ slightly in size. Measure both feet and use the measurement for the larger foot.
Follow these steps for each foot. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to have someone else do the tracing of the foot.
- Sit in a chair with the foot firmly placed on a piece of paper large enough to make a tracing around the whole foot. Your leg should be tilted slightly forward so it will not interfere with the pencil as you trace around your heel.
- Outline of the foot with a pencil held perpendicular to the paper at all times. Ensure that the pencil is held snug against the foot during the tracing.
- Measure the length and width of the tracing at the points shown in the diagram to the right and below.
- IMPORTANT!!! Subtract 0.2 Inches OR 5 mm OR 0.5 cm from your foots measurements to compensate for the thickness of the pen or pencil. This correction gives you the actual length and width of your foot. (consider the avgerage width of a pencil is .4 inches across and the sharpened lead is in the middle you have a space of .2 inches between the side of the pencil that is against your foot.)
So, if the tracing of your foot measures 10.5 inches long, you subtract 0.2 inches ( 5 mm / 0.5 cm ) to get the actual length of your foot which is 10.3 inches which is about U.S. men's size 9.
Stompers Boots recommend you measure your feet in cm/mm which make it easier to use the sizing charts with the .5 conversions. For instance the tracing of your foot is 10 7/8 inch long. (which would you rather figure out .2 inches or .5 cm?)
- Compare your new measurement to the Boot Size Chart in our FAQ.
NOTE: If the difference in size between your two feet is more than a half size, seriously consider ordering custom fitted boots with a boot of the correct size for each foot, ensuring you get the most out of your new boots.
The table directly below is indicative only, as there is currently, no universally adopted system for converting Italian shoe sizes between the different systems used in the world. The two most common measuring systems are: The European market (based on French point) and The American (which includes different measurements for men and women).
Before ordering, carefully check your measurements against those in the chart below to determine what size will best fit you. If in doubt, please contact us by email providing the measurement of yout foot in centimeters or inches. For further, more extensive information on footwear sizing, see this helpful article at: Wikipedia
Average Measurements for our Stock Boots< (based on USA size 9) (Measurements for boot height and calf circumference will increase slightly for each larger size.)
For information on custom RunnerBull boots, please click here.
RunnerBull is a new Italian brand specializing in manufacturing boots for men and women, with special emphasis on biker style.
All RunnerBull boots are exclusively manufactured in Italy, with fine Italian leather and production. These boots are built by experienced and highly skilled craftsmen who specializing in footwear. Each pair of boots are finished with attention to fine detail and executed with expert craftsmanship. The scent of fine leather, exclusively of Italian manufacture, guarantees the utmost quality. RunnerBull Boots are a new unisex style for the man or woman looking for something unusual while still extremely fashionable. Elegant yet still sporty at the same time, and attentive to a new trend that is growing and until now, was very hard to find. RunnerBull Boots are a new and compelling line of boots for you to enjoy! Please click here to see the Stompers lineup of RunnerBull Italian boots.
Micha McCray an avid boot lover has a rather extensive Stompers Pin board...check it out here on Pinterest!